Dental implants the Hague
Tooth implant Den Haag
Implantology is the fastest growing component in dentistry. If you lack one or more teeth, implants are a possible solution to replace them. At Dental Clinics Altman there is a complete team of dentists and dental technicians who have specialized in reconstructive dentistry with profound knowledge and techniques.
What is an implant?
An implant can best be compared to an artificial root. An implant is inserted into the jaw like a screw. On top of the root a crown, bridge or overdenture is placed. Implants are made of body-friendly material such as titanium. Sometimes they are provided with a ceramic layer. Implants look very natural. You can’t tell the difference with your own teeth!
The treatment consists of the following steps:
- First the dentist will give you a local anesthesia.
- The gums are then loosened, so that the jawbone becomes visible.
- Then a hole is made into the jawbone, into which the implant is screwed or tapped. You do not feel anything of this. The gums are then stitched up. If you need multiple implants, they are almost always inserted during the same session.
- Once one or more implants have been anchored in the jawbone, the dentist places the crown, bridge or prosthesis on top of this.
Is an implant suitable for you?
In principle, an implant can be placed when you have a fully-grown jawbone (starting from about eighteen years). For successful treatment there are a few conditions:
- You must have sufficient jaw bone for the anchoring of the implants
- Your jawbone must be healthy
- The gums of the remaining teeth must be healthy. If this is not the case, this will be treated first
If you do not have enough jawbone, it is possible to create new jawbone with modern techniques. This can be done with different types of bone material.
Please call us for more information or advice. You can reach Dental Clinics Altman by telephone at 070 352 1192.